A Surrogate’s Experience – Sylvia. R
As a mother yourself, you know the joys that a baby brings. Unfortunately, some are not blessed with the same ability to conceive and are forced to face the reality of their infertility.
If you are considering becoming a surrogate mother, keep reading to learn about Sylvia’s journey as a surrogate with Simple Surrogacy, and hopefully it will inspire you to do the same.
An Interview With Sylvia
1) What was your experience as a Surrogate? I had an even more amazing experience than I anticipated.
2) How did you find out about us? I googled surrogate agencies near me. The name alone stood out to me.
3) What was the most rewarding part about becoming a surrogate? Giving to others in a powerful way.
4) What made you want to become a surrogate? I am a single mother and having children came easy for me. I wanted to give back but didn’t exactly have the time to spend volunteering because my free time was, and is, very limited. To add to this, I loved being pregnant and love, love, love children. Knowing I was cooking a baby for two wonderful, kind, caring, deserving future parents makes me want to bring in more children into the world in that kind of environment.
5) How was/is your relationship with the Intended Parents? My relationship is pretty close. I give them their space and they give me mine, but we communicate regularly.
6) Would you consider becoming a surrogate again? If so, why? I would consider surrogacy again when the time is right and/or I found the right couple to carry for.
7) How did your family/spouse/children feel about your decision to become a surrogate? Initially (9 years) none supported my dream of being a surrogate. After I started sharing the journey with them, they all welcomed it with open arms. Well all but one person, my daughter. Towards the end of my journey, I was on hospital bed rest and my daughter was not happy. She did get over it though once I was back up and running.Go back
Surrogacy BlogLoad More →
"I was in my early twenties and becoming a surrogate mother was the furthest thing from my mind. It was not until I had a very unplanned, yet very lively conversation with a woman who was a surrogate, and absolutely…Lern more →
I felt him take his last breath inside me. A high-pitched sound rang in my ears as I watched them scramble to find the faintest semblance of a heartbeat. I knew it was no longer there. As a surrogate mother,…Lern more →