What Makes for an Ideal Egg Donor?
Are you contemplating becoming an Egg Donor? Congratulations! You are taking a step towards giving someone the greatest gift of all – the gift of life.
Although we appreciate all inquiries about becoming an egg donor, there are some restrictions and qualifications that we must follow in order to ensure that our intended parents receive the best chance at having a child.
Egg Donor Qualifications
There are several different qualifications that must be met in order to become an egg donor with Simple Donations. Some of the general requirements include:
- Be between the ages of 21-30
- Be a resident of the United States or Canada
- Have a minimum of a high school education, or equivalent
- Be 2 Months Post part (2 Periods)
- Not currently breastfeeding or pumping
- Not have had any tattoos or piercings within the past 12 months
- Be willing to forgo intercourse for the duration of egg donation process (about 1 month)
- Willing to travel if necessary for the retrieval of the eggs
Other requirements are more related to the health of the donor and their eggs, including:
- Be height-weight proportionate (BMI must be 30 or lower)
- Not smoke, take illegal drugs or be alcohol dependent
- Must not have any sexually transmitted diseases
- Not have any genetically carried medical conditions
- Not have any psychiatric illness/willing to undergo a Psychological Assessment
- Know at least one half of your genetic make-up
- Have had a pap-smear within the last year
- Not have had the Depo Provera shot for at least 8 months
- Not be on Nor-plant
It is also important that you have read and understood the Egg Donation Process, and are willing to fully follow the doctor’s recommendations throughout the duration of the procedure and are able to make all the required medical appointments.
Interested in Becoming an Egg Donor?
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in becoming an egg donor, please fill out an application on our website! Once we receive your completed application and corresponding agreement contract, we will review your application. If you are selected as an egg donor, we will contact you and begin the selfless journey of matching your profile with prospective parents!
Simple Donations understands the magnitude of the decisions that you are making. We strive to provide all of our clients with a positive egg donation experience. Our staff is filled with several women who have undergone egg donation a number of times, and as such, can relate to your journey! Therefore, we will provide you with the one-on-one attention you deserve to make your Egg Donation process a positive experience.
Visit our website today or call us at 1-866-41-SURRO to learn more information about starting your journey as an egg donor!Go back
Surrogacy BlogLoad More →
If you are considering becoming a parent through surrogacy, congratulations! You have taken the first step towards what promises to be an exciting time in your life! Naturally you have questions when you are trying to decide on which surrogacy…Lern more →