If you are considering becoming a parent through surrogacy, congratulations! You have taken the first step towards what promises to be an exciting time in your life! Naturally you have questions when you are trying to decide on which surrogacy…Lern more →
A Selfless Act of Surrogacy
Are you thinking of becoming a surrogate or using surrogacy as an alternative path to parenthood? Take a look at how surrogacy has positively impacted one couple’s lives, forever changing them and their future for better.
Meet Rene and Mark
While this humble couple from Texas have three beautiful children of their own, they had always believed that God had more in store for them.
How they Chose a Surrogacy Agency
After watching an episode of TLC’s The Little Couple, Rene was inspired to help others start a family of their own. That coupled with her strong connection with God, helped her come to the decision to become a surrogate. After much thought, research and consultation, Rene and Mark chose Simple Surrogacy as their agency.
Meeting the Qualifications
Rene was 26 years old, had children of her own, a stable living situation, experienced uncomplicated pregnancies and was very motivated to help other people create a family of their own. This made her an easy match and the perfect surrogate candidate!
Rene enjoyed being pregnant. After successfully giving birth to her three children, it was apparent that she could carry children without complication. Her doctor even referred to her as a “textbook” patient, suggesting that she had very high chances of having another easy, healthy, and successful pregnancy.
Surrogacy is a huge decision that involves many different people. Therefore, it is important to get the support you need from your close friends and family. After releasing this big news to her family, Rene gained a lot of support and positivity from her friends, mother, sister, husband and children. While some people may disagree and disapprove of her selfless decision, she states, “Now their comments don’t really phase me. I wish they were more supportive, but the fact of the matter is that everyone is just not going to support everything I do and that’s ok with me, because at the end of the day I’m the one who has to live with myself, not them. As long as my husband and my children are ok with my decisions, I’m good.”
Finding the Perfect Match
After submitting her application and quickly getting approved, Rene was matched with the perfect pair of intended parents almost instantly. They had tried more than once to carry their own pregnancy, and after many unsuccessful attempts chose an alternative path to parenthood through surrogacy.
Through this entire process, not only did Rene and Mark benefit from monetary compensation, they also gained a lifelong friendship out of it. They stated that they plan to keep in communication with the intended parents, Steven and Marie, and their new baby even after the pregnancy.
For Rene, this particular experience has been unlike any other. She has been nothing but overjoyed by the opportunity to be able to help this deserving couple.
Today, reflecting on her decision to help Rene says, “The amount of excitement I feel for them is immeasurable. They are so in love and it’s toxic. You can’t help but feel the love between them when you’re around them and I know that a child is just going to multiply that love.”
Discovering Benefits of Surrogacy
We understand that each person’s experience with surrogacy is different. Whether you are a surrogate or an intended parent, each individual involved in the process will undoubtedly walk away with something different and be able to gain something from this unique journey.
Benefits for Surrogates
There is no doubt that it takes a special kind of woman to become a surrogate. From the emotional rewards to the financial compensation, the list of benefits goes on. If you are debating on becoming a surrogate, take a look at this list of benefits that may help make your decision easier.
As a surrogate:
- You’ll get to feel a sense of pride, knowing you are helping a deserving couple achieve their dreams of parenthood.
- After the surrogacy process, you may feel a sense of accomplishment and a great joy of personal gratification and compassion.
- You’ll be able to join the surrogate community that is filled with tons of amazing, selfless women.
- You’ll have the opportunity to develop a strong bond and create a long-lasting relationship with the intended parents throughout the surrogacy process.
- If you are a woman who enjoys being pregnant, you’ll have the opportunity to experience being pregnant again.
- You will be financially compensated, which can immensely help you and your family.
- In addition to the financial compensation, all of your surrogate’s expenses are paid for or reimbursed – expenses including maternity clothing allowance, monthly allowance, meal allowances, travel expenses, health care, child care, life insurance, and much more – are covered!
While these rewards are all great, there is no reward greater than the look on the intended parents face when you give them their child and witness the beginning of their new family. Many surrogates can agree that this alone makes the entire process worthwhile.
Benefits for Intended Parents
Whether you’re a hopeful single parent, in a same-sex relationship, or are battling infertility or any other medical complications, there is no doubt that intended parents come from a variety of different circumstances. Regardless of the background you come from, everyone has the same common goal – to start a family of their own. At Simple Surrogacy, we can make that dream possible! While surrogates obtain many different benefits, there are also many rewards for intended parents as well. Here some of the benefits gained from the surrogacy experience that many of our intended parents enjoy:
As intended parents:
- You’ll have the opportunity to raise a child from birth.
- Through surrogacy singles, infertile and same-sex couples are given the ability to become parents, when they may not have been able to achieve parenthood otherwise.
- Since surrogates are required to have experienced a full-term pregnancy before, the chances of a successful, healthy pregnancy are high!
- Through a surrogacy arrangement, you’ll have the opportunity to know and learn more about parenthood first-hand from the experiences of your surrogate mother.
- You’ll have the ability to make important decisions in regards to the surrogacy and your baby.
- From the first ultrasound to the first kick – you will be involved every step of the way throughout the entire pregnancy and are able to witness important milestones in the baby’s life.
Although surrogacy may seem like an emotional and stressful time for intended parents, being able to finally achieve the family of your dreams makes this long process the ultimate reward in the end!
Why Choose Simple Surrogacy?
Parenthood is precious dream that many individuals desire but few are able to achieve. Embracing your child, teaching her about the world and watching her grow into a beautiful adult is what puts the joy into raising children. Whether you decide to start a family the traditional way or decide to take an alternative path to parenthood, becoming a parent is a rewarding experience. If you have been longing to start a family of your own through surrogacy, Simple Surrogacy is the agency that can help you achieve that goal.
We have been a part of over 350 successful surrogate connections over the 15 years that we have been in business. The decision to embark on surrogacy can be a difficult and emotional choice for you, but we can guarantee that choosing our agency for your journey is the best decision you can make!
Whether you are a surrogate looking to help a family in need or intended parents who wish to create a family, our team at Simple Surrogacy will ensure your journey is nothing but simple! For more information regarding surrogacy and what the process entails contact us at www.simplesurrogacy.com or call us toll-free at 1-866-41-SURRO and a member of our team will be able to answer any questions that you may have!Go back
Surrogacy BlogLoad More →
Families come in all shapes and sizes. For same-sex couples who want to have children, a bit of creativity is in order. Surrogacy for gay couples can be a good option. Having a family is a rewarding experience, and there…Lern more →
Egg donation will require you to sacrifice a lot of your time. However, it can be rewarding. There are several reasons that you should be an egg donor. Transform Someone Else's Life Most couples look forward to having a child.…Lern more →