Surrogacy for the LGBTQ Community
Here at Simple Surrogacy, our goal is to make the surrogacy process as simple as possible, no matter who the Intended Parents might be. Becoming a new parent is stressful no matter how you go about doing so, but for members of the LGBTQ community this can be especially true, as social acceptance is not always guaranteed even in modern times. At Simple Surrogacy, our doors are wide open to gay and lesbian couples and individuals looking to alternative family planning to begin the next portion of their journey. In fact, our very mission from the start has focused on LGBTQ family forming, including as members of the Men Having Babies Advisory panel, Gays with Kids founding members, SEEDS and Rainbow families.
Overall, the process mirrors the process for heterosexual families, and thanks to our Texas Advantage we pride ourselves on offering some of the lowest fees at any reputable agency in the country – without sacrificing anything from the experience of our Intended Parents and Surrogates.
LGBTQ couples or individuals hoping to pursue our services need only meet the same requirements that heterosexual couples and individuals must meet, as follows:
- Be honest and kind in your application and your dealings with us. It makes a difference!
- You must not have a criminal history and must be able to pass a background check.
- You must complete all paperwork fully.
- You must be financially stable. While we do not believe money alone should dictate who has access to our services, there is no getting around how expensive and resource-demanding this process can be.
- Be respectful of your Surrogate’s time and commitment. You are in this together, and the better your relationship the smoother the process will be.
- You must be between the ages of 21 and 60 years old.
- You must be in a stable living situation and able to provide said living situation for any children resulting from your surrogacy journey.
- You must have the support of your spouse or partner (when applicable). As with any other form of family planning, it is very important for the adults in the household to be on board with the plan.
- You must not be on public assistance.
- You must read and understand the Surrogacy process. This will help to keep your own stress levels down during the months-long journey ahead of you.
- You must be willing to undergo a Psychological Assessment. Your Surrogate will undergo one as well.
If you are interested in learning more about alternative family planning or surrogacy/egg donation, please contact the team at Simple Surrogacy today and we would be delighted to answer any questions you may have.Go back
Surrogacy BlogLoad More →
Intended Parents are waiting longer than ever before for their surrogacy journey to begin, and it has many worried about the future of their family. While surrogacy agencies are still helping people get connected every day to their carrier, there…Lern more →