Last Updated: July 2012
Information We Collect About You
In General. We collect personal information that can identify you, such as your name and email address, only when you choose to register as a user to view profiles on our site, or register to become a client of Simple Surrogacy. We may also collect other information that does not identify you. When you provide personal information through our website, the information may be sent to servers located in the United States and other countries around the world.
- Information you provide. We may collect and store any personal information you enter on our website or provide to us in some other manner, including personal information that may be contained in any photograph, comment or other submission you upload or post to the website. This includes identifying information, such as your name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number; your likeness; and, if you transact business with us, financial information such as your payment method (valid credit card number, type, expiration date or other financial information). We also may request information about your interests and activities, your gender and age, and other demographic information.
- Information from other sources. We may also periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from form you fill out offline for our businesses, business partners, contractors and other third parties. Examples of information that we may receive include: name and address information, credit check and background check information, psychological history and evaluation, and additional demographic information, but we will only collect that information if you become a client of our Surrogacy or Egg Donation Agency.
- Information collected automatically. We do not automatically collect information from your browser when you visit our website. You may use our site anyonymously unless you choose to register to view profiles or you fill out an Intended Parent Profile.
- Information collected by third-parties. We may allow third-parties, including our authorized service providers, advertising companies, and ad networks, to display advertisements on our site. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. We do not provide any personal information to these third parties.
How We Use the Information We Collect
In General. We may use information that we collect about you to:
- Have knowledge about who is accessing our donor or surrogate profiles
- deliver the products and services that you have requested;
- manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about our services;
- develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site and other sites;
- enforce our terms and conditions;
- manage our business and
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
- If you are a donor, all information you enter will be available to recipients who have registered to view your profile. You should only enter identifying information on the identifying information page to protect your privacy.
With Whom We Share Your Information
We want you to understand when and with whom we may share personal or other information we have collected about you or your activities on our website or while using our services.
Personal information. We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below with your signed consent. We only share personal information once you become a registered paid, offline client of our business. Once you become a registered, paid client, we may share some of the personal information originally collected on our web site with outside service providers described in our retainer agreement to you so that we may perform the services you have hired us for. We may share personal information with:
- Registered site users: If you are a donor registered on our site, we will share your information with our registered users that are seeking an egg donor match. These providers may view all of the information on your profile that is not listed in the identifying information section of the egg donor application. You should be very careful to maintain your anonymity by not entering any identifying information on any other pages of your profile. That identifying information includes but is not limited to where you work, what schools you go to, places you frequent, your schedule, your name, your family’s names or addresses and any contact information about yourself. We are not responsible for any action or misuse of personal information entered on publically viewable pages. By registering on our site you agree to these terms.
- Surrogates: We will share non-identifying personal information with our cleared surrogates in the process of matching you with a surrogate. This information will only be shared once you are a registered, paid client of our Agency, and you will sign a retainer agreement detailing the matching process and how we will use the information collected online before any matching or sharing takes place. Once matching will be taking place, identifying information originally entered on our site will be shared.
- Intended Parents: We will share information collected on the Surrogacy Application with Intended Parents who are seeking to be matched through our program. At first, all information Intended Parents view will be non-identifying. Once a match will occur, identifying information will be shared. All Intended Parents who view your profile will be screened and background checked before admittance to our program.
- Authorized service providers: We may share your personal information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These providers may include IVF Clinics, businesses processing credit card payments, psychologists or psychiatrists, and other medical providers, counselors or individuals who will emable your medical cycle. Once you choose a surrogate, identifying information will be shared with her, but will be limited to your name, address and information shared on your Intended Parent profile.
- Other Situations.We also may disclose your information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us, in our sole discretion.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, report or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
How You Can Access Your Information
If you have an online account with us, you have the ability to review and update your personal information online by logging into your account. You can also review and update your personal information by contacting us. More information about how to contact us is provided below.
Your Choices About Collection and Use of Your Information
- You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our website because such information may be required in order for you to register as a user and to view profiles or be matched with surrogates or recipients or Intended Parents.
- When you register on our website you may be given a choice as to whether you want to receive email messages, voicemails, and/or newsletters. At any time you can choose to no longer receive commercial or promotional emails or newsletters from us. Every newsletter offers the option to unsubscribe. Please note that, changing information in your account, or otherwise opting out of receipt of promotional email communications will only affect future activities or communications from us. If we have already provided your information to a third party (such as a credit card processing partner or an IVF provider) before you have changed your preferences or updated your information, you may have to change your preferences directly with that third party.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. All databases are incrypted as they are stored, and SSL is used to transmit information stored in these databases.
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may do so only for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption in the transmission of your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your personal information.
We want you to feel confident using our website to transact business. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission’s website at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/data.shtm for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
Visiting Our Websites from Outside the United States
No Rights of Third Parties
How to Contact Us
Simple Surrogacy, LLC
4925 Greenville Avenue, Suite 200
Dallas, TX, 76206
©2012SimpleSurrogacy, LLC. All rights reserved.