Egg donation is currently a major force in the assisted reproduction process. Women donate their healthy eggs to aid other individuals in their journey to starting a family. That said, both intended parents and egg donors work with an agency…Lern more →
Surrogacy for Gay Parents: Your Top 5 Questions Answered
Surrogacy allows gay couples and individuals to grow their families with the help of a generous surrogate. However, that’s only part of the story. For many members of the LGBTQ community, there are a lot of questions surrounding surrogacy and whether it’s the best option for them. We have the answers! Check out our brief guide to the top questions about surrogacy.
Top FAQs About Surrogacy for Gay Parents
1. What are the benefits of surrogacy for gay parents?
One of the primary benefits of surrogacy is the fact that it allows gay intended parents to experience the joys of parenthood. Surrogacy offers the LGBTQ community the chance to start or grow their families through the aid of a generous surrogate.
Additionally, surrogacy allows gay parents to have children who are biologically related to them. Surrogacy also offers gay parents the opportunity to become a part of a unique community of other families that have grown via surrogacy.
2. Are there any financial assistance programs for gay parents?
Men Having Babies offers one of the most prominent financial assistance programs for gay parents and helps to cover some of the costs of surrogacy for gay parents. There are a number of financial assistance programs that are not specific to any group of intended parents that gay parents are free to apply to.
3. Do surrogacy agencies offer egg donation services?
Most surrogacy agencies offer egg donation services. As gestational surrogacy can sometimes require egg donations many surrogacy agencies offer packages that include egg donation.
4. What should I look for in an LGBTQ-friendly agency?
LGBTQ-friendly agencies are crucial for gay parents who want to ensure that they are treated fairly and face no discrimination during their surrogacy journey. Luckily, there are some simple ways to determine whether an agency is LGBTQ-friendly. Here are a few:
- Ask the Agency – Getting a direct answer about whether an agency is LGBTQ-friendly can be as easy as visiting their website, however, if they don’t have any information regarding gay intended parents, feel free to give them a call to ask directly
- Read Reviews – Agency reviews will help you get a good idea of whether the agency has served gay intended parents before. It’s always a good sign to see reviews by other gay parents who are satisfied with their service.
- Check Online Resources – Men Having Babies has curated a detailed list of LGBTQ-friendly surrogacy agencies, this list is a great place to start your search.
5. Can LGBTQ singles pursue surrogacy?
Yes! Surrogacy is open to anyone who wishes to have a biological child of their own regardless of their sexuality or their marital status.
If you are considering surrogacy and have any questions or concerns, Simple Surrogacy can help! We would love to hear from you and answer any questions that you may have. We pride ourselves on our surrogacy expertise.
In fact, many members of our staff have been both surrogates and egg donors themselves and can offer unique perspectives during the surrogacy process.
Give us a call at: (866) 618-0764 or fill out our online form and we’ll get back to you quickly.Go back
Surrogacy BlogLoad More →
The relationship between the intended parents and their surrogate is like no other. As with any collaborative partnership, certain elements contribute to its success, including defining expectations, creating boundaries, establishing mutual trust, maintaining open communication, and finally, being flexible. Making…Lern more →
Parenthood is truly a blessing and a double treat for those who may have achieved it exactly as they had planned. However, many aspiring parents are unable to have children biologically due to various reasons. This is where surrogacy helps…Lern more →